About the Journal
The transliterated title of the journal is "Neftegazovaya Geologiya. Teoriya I Praktika".
Alternative title: "Petroleum Geology - Theoretical and Applied Studies".
The journal is published by All-Russia Petroleum Research Exploration Institute (VNIGRI), Saint Petersburg, Russia.
The first volume was published in 2006.
Aims and scope
The journal "Neftegazovaya Geologiya. Teoriya I Praktika" is an open access journal devoted exclusively to the publication of high-quality research in the field of petroleum geology of Russia and CIS with the aim to introduce readers into the scientific environment in order to improve the efficiency of scientific research.
The journal publishes research articles in the following areas of petroleum geology of Russia and CIS (you can reach list of articles by clicking on the section name):
- Geochemical research;
- Stratigraphy and lithology;
- Economy, information technology, resource management;
- Regional petroleum geology;
- Offshore hydrocarbon deposits;
- Petroleum potential and development;
- Raw hydrocarbon geoecology;
- Hard-extracted reserves, unconventional hydrocarbon sources;
- Scientific heritage /VNIGRI's ideas/;
- Geological simulation and issues of petroleum fields development;
- New methods and technologies;
- Outstanding petroleum geologists.
Most of papers are published in Russian with English abstracts, titles, key word and references. However, some articles, which are of great interest for foreign audience, are presented in English.
The journal publishes 1 volume per year, which consists of 4 issues: no. 1 (January-March), no. 2 (April-June), no. 3 (July-September), and no. 4 (October-December).
The journal was officially registered as a mass media (the certificate of the registration of mass media El № FS77-27685 dated 5th Apr 2007) and was re-registered due to including English language (the certificate of the registration of mass media El № FS77-41782 dated 25th Aug 2010, El № FS77-69811 dated 18th May 2017).
The Russian title of the journal is officially registered (the certificate of the registration of mass media El № FS77-27685 dated 5th Apr 2007).
The English title of the journal "Petroleum Geology - Theoretical and Applied Studies" is officially registered (the certificate of the registration of mass media El № FS77-41782 dated 25th Aug 2010).
Open Access statement:
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
The journal does not have article processing charges or submission charges. Submission and publication of articles are free of charge.
Editorial board of the journal consists of experts (awarded PhD degree) in each area of petroleum geology, presented in the journal. Please, see the Editorial Board for further information.
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory.
- GeoRef database.
- Russian Science Citation Index database (assigned index: 9999-3491).
- Depository of the electronic editions of scientific technical centre "Informregistr" (assigned number: 0421200064).
- ISSN Register (transliterated as: Neftegazovaa Geologia : Teoria i Praktika; assigned ISSN: 2070-5379).
Copyright of all articles published in the journal Neftegazovaya Geologiya. Teoriya I Praktika will be held by the publisher, All-Russia Petroleum Research Exploration Institute (VNIGRI), and by the author of an article. The journal allows author(s) to hold the copyright and retain publishing rights without restrictions.
Salova str. no. 28, 192102 St. Petersburg, Russia.
Tel.: (812) 655-63-58